Attractions at Camping site number 51 in Łeba
In order to make your stay at the camping site in Łeba enjoyable, we prepared a list of memorable attractions. Here are a few suggestions on how to spend quality time with your family:
Within the premises of the camping site there are:
– playground for children
– ping-pong table
– bike and beach gear hire
– TV room
– Wi-Fi internet
– barbecue equipment hire
– sea fishing trips available
– coach trips available
In the close vicinity of the camping site our guests can enjoy:
– a football pitch
– an ice/roller-skating rink
– tennis courts
Remains of St. Nicholas church who is a fourteenth century patron of fishermen and sailors. It is the oldest monument of the town. Next to the church, in the fourteenth century, there used to be “old Łeba” – the original settlement. Unfortunately, catastrophic storms led to destruction of the structure and left just one fragment of it intact.
Marina “Łeba” – is the first comprehensive undertaking of this kind along the Polish coast. It can accommodate 120 vessels of different categories including sailing boats up to 18 meters long and motor boats up to 24 meters long. The marina offers access to water and electricity supply for each vessel. Mooring spaces are situated next to gangways of floating piers, which is a modern solution and enables future redevelopment of the marina and carrying out any indispensable maintenance work.
A marina for ferries going to the dunes and the open air ethnographic museum in Kluki. A ferry trip by an environmentally friendly boat OHAR, ALKA or KORMORAN (with electric engines) on Łebsko lake from Rąbka to the Missile Launcher, duration: 30 minutes. The lake is situated within a silence zone. On the way there are plenty of bird-watching opportunities – it is a haven for amateurs of ornithological and environmental tourism.
Missile Launcher – situated in Słowiński National Park. From 1940 on, it used to be German missile training ground. German scientists carried out tests of anti-aircraft and anti-artillery missiles in here. Some of numerous attractions include an earth-to-earth missile dug out 1.5 km away from the training ground in Słowiński National Park, buildings dating back to the Second World War, a headquarters bunker, a crater of the launcher with visible tracks of coolant, foundations of the RHAINGOLD and MANHEIM REISE radio locating stations, foundations of an anti-aircraft missile assembly hall.
Museum of Wieś Słowińska in Kluki was created in 1963. The purpose for this open air ethnographic museum was re-creating of the layout of Kluki village. Three remaining homesteads created a beginning of the museum and old dwelling plots situated among them were populated with homesteads from different parts of the village. This way the layout of Kluki village was reconstructed and it presents buildings typical for the Słowiński region dating back to the end of the eighteenth century until 1920s and 1930s. It also emphasizes the fishing traditions of the village. In July and August a visitor can not only explore the Museum’s collections, but also participate in displays presenting crafts and techniques such as weaving, spinning, sewing of fishing nets, bread baking including tasting the products, as well as digging up and cutting peat.
Shifting Sand Dunes – Is it possible to stay by the sea, on a desert, by the lake and in a bog area simultaneously? Of course – but it can only happen in Łeba! Shifting sand dunes are situated in Słowiński National Park. They shift with wind which moves grains of sand around to the top of dunes. The reason for this movement is lack of flora which normally minimizes impact of wind. Speed of movement varies from 3.5 to 10 meters per year. Shifting sand dunes can be reached on foot or by bike. You can reach the very beginning of the shifting sand dunes by an electric cart, but a former missile launcher, which is hidden among trees of Słowiński National Park, might be worth seeing on the way (half way to the dunes).
Słowiński National Park – It is one of 23 national parks in Poland and one of two parks situated by the sea. It was created in order to retain untouched beauty of lakes situated by the sea, bogs, peat bogs, meadows, forests and woods and a sandbar with the only and unique shifting sand dunes in Europe. The fact that Słowiński National Park was listed as one of internationally protected areas by HELCOMBSPA, UNESCO or RAMSAR speaks volumes about its environmental importance.
Stilo light house no. 2; 23.5; 33.4 and 4092 is a very short characteristic of the light house in Stilo situated only 22 km from Łeba. No. 2 means it is one of two Polish light houses made of metal and also signifies it was built in two years; 23.5 (of nautical miles) is the reach of the light generated by the light house; 33.4 (meters above sea level) is the height of the tower as well as the viewing area and 4092 is number of post stamp issued by the Polish Post Office to commemorate the lighthouse. There are many more numbers (and not only numbers) that could be used to characterize the light house in Stilo but these are the details that can be fully appreciated when described by a guide. A nearby fog horn is also worth seeing (it is a signalling device which took over responsibilities of a light house in case of thick fog).
Light house Czołpino is situated between Łeba and Rowy in Słowiński National Park. The light house is situated on a hill among coniferous forest in the sand dunes in Słowiński National Park, about 1000 meters from the sea coast, at the highest dune situated among a group of dunes referred to as “Baranki” (eng. Sheep). A house of a lighthouse keeper is abandoned at the moment and it is falling apart. The lighthouse was built in the period between 1872 and 1875 from red face brick in a shape of a beheaded cone. The light house is 25.2 meters high. It survived the war intact. It was only in July 1994 when the lighthouse was made accessible to the public for sight-seeing.